Web Host Manager, or WHM, is a powerful program that allows administrative access to the back end of cPanel.
WebHost Manager is a server administration interface which allows you to control and monitor your server from a easy to use web interface. This featured packed interface allows you to administrate your server with a couple clicks of the mouse.
WebHost Manager allows you to keep track of your hosting customers with a searchable domain list and the ability to create specific hosting plans for domain owners. With easy integration into many billing solutions, cPanel and WHM provide flexibility for any type of hosting. cPanel can be customized to meet the needs of your hosting environment. From addon modules and scripts to API integration, the ability to customize your hosting services is at your fingertips.
This interface is also used by Resellers on a customizable level. The server owner can provide as much or as little administrative access to resellers as they wish.
Why WebHost Manager?
Ease of use: Let's face it, not everyone is a linux guru. WebHost Manager makes it easy for you to manage your server or servers without having to use the command line. You can edit DNS, add accounts, restart services, and more, with a few simple clicks.
Hosting plan support: WebHost Manager allows you to provide your customers with almost infinite hosting plans and features. You can easily create packages in WebHost Manager that provide the specific features and resources available in your hosting plans.
Complete Customization: WebHost Manager allows you to control virtually every aspect of your server's hosting environment. From installing RPMs and added software to formatting hard drives, WHM has it all.
Backups and Transfers: WebHost Manager includes automated backups of your customer's information as well as configuration files on your server. These backups allow you to minimize downtime by restoring customer accounts easily. Transfers allow you to move customers from server to server and to gain new customers with ease.
Application Hosting: WHM's cPAddons system makes it extremely easy to integrate applications into your customers' cPanel interfaces. Not only can you add software that your clients want, you can easily package up and supply your own software and tools for your customers.
What WHM Does:
WHM gives you a suite of tools to easily do the following things:
- Create, delete, and suspend your cPanel accounts.
- Manage and monitor your sites (password resets).
- Access to check and change all of your domains' DNS zones.
- The ability to configure your own customers' support requests through cPanel.
- Permission to check the server information and status.
- Ability to create your own default page when you create a new account.
- Access to customise your hosting and control panel with extensive branding.
- Ability to change your client domain names and user names.
- Hop between every cPanel on your account and access/change anything that does not require SQL access.